Darkness over Daggerford, a freeware mod for Bioware's Neverwinter Nights hack 'n' slash RPG classic, is really impressive. Very impressive, too. Actually, it's a bit more impressive than your average impressive thing, which admittedly sort of impressed me. Also, quite impressively, said mod offers over 30 hours worth of gameplay too. Other than that, it's set in the Forgotten Realms and features some amazing (impressive, some would argue) production values. Oh, and before getting to download Darkness over Daggerford, read over this pretty impressive features lists:
- A brand new world map system, never before seen in Neverwinter Nights, enabling the player to better explore a large world, complete with random encounters.
- A player stronghold to enable more challenging stronghold quests, and featuring cool player customization features.
- 3 new TNO tilesets created by DLA and released to Ossian Studios through an exclusive agreement with BioWare, including a completely new exterior tileset with rolling hills, sea cliffs, and castles.
- A custom spawning and leveling system for creatures, to always ensure the game is challenging for any level of character.
- Over 100 new placeables made specifically for the game.
- 5 new music tracks by premium module composer David John.
Related @ Gnome's Lair: UT 2004: Hollow Moon, System Shock 2 2K7, Oblivion Essentials, the Ultima 5 mod
Related Tags: Neverwinter Nights, Darkness over Daggerford, Freeware, Free, RPG, PC gaming, Mod, Mods, PC, Games, Free mod, Game, Video games